Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yong Vui Kong: I'll be active in anti-drug campaign if clemency granted

If clemency is granted from Singapore President Sellapan Ramanathan, Malaysian drug trafficker Yong Vui Kong said that his greatest wish would be to join the anti-drug campaign and guide other young people on the edge to return to the right path.
He said, "I'm not afraid of death anymore! However, I hope to try my best helping more people learn the Buddha dharma before I die."
Yong was sentenced to death after being convicted of drug trafficking when he was 18 years old. Over 100,000 Malaysians had signed to support a petition requesting clemency for Yong from the Singapore President.
"If the presidential clemency is granted, what I would like to do the most is to tell the world about the danger of drugs and how sinful drugs are," said Yong.
Yong had written a letter earlier in the prison to thank the over 100,000 Malaysians who had signed to support a petition requesting clemency for him from the Singapore President.
Read more: Sinchew Daily

1 comment:

JinChrist said...

To Vui Khong,
The Buddha will bless u.
The Cosmic Mother would protect u.
Jai Maha Kali.
Have strong faith..